The Environmental Science program will develop innovative, practical, global ecological and environmental perspectives with a solid foundation in English language. By studying Biology, Sustainability Science, Geology, Chemistry, Meteorology and Oceanography, this comprehensive program will help us better understand and improve the world in which we live. The future of the biosphere depends on our ability to wisely manage and enhance the complex world around us. Protecting natural resources for future generations requires an interdisciplinary program to develop a deep understanding of the ecosystems in which we live, the physical composition of the earth, weather patterns and climate, oceanic systems and to explore the broader space of the biosphere.
The Environmental Science program is designed to train professionals in environmental science with a global perspective, focusing on a combination of professional knowledge and practical education. This program is designed to develop the skills necessary to enter elite international graduate programs or to move directly into organizations focused on environmental engineering, protection and sustainability. This professional program introduces international advanced teaching content and teaching methods, conducted in a full English teaching environment. The program is designed to train students to become engaged in a wide variety of environmental disciplines such as scientific researchers of environmental/ecological issues, innovators in designing and conducting environmental evaluation programs or provide students the skills necessary to move into management and planning of environmental engineering projects such as water supply and drainage engineering systems. Careers include opportunities with international engineering firms, research institutions, government policy and oversight agencies, educational institutions and international non-governmental organizations.
Knowledge and Skills Students will develop during the Study
- A solid grasp of English language and cultural knowledge, strong listening, speaking, reading, writing, and comprehensive application skills, with a global perspective.
- Develop research skills including the ability design research programs, to collect and analyze samples, conduct ecological assessments and analyze/interpret complex datasets
- Study the natural phenomena of the world: geology, climate, oceans, biodiversity and meteorology
- Develop critical thinking, analytical, problem solving and communication skills needed to succeed in a highly challenging environment
- Build a professional network and benefit from expert guidance and collaborations
- Work with faculty to publish scientific research and give presentations at professional scientific conferences
Major (Core) Required Courses 核心课程
Field Biology: Terrestrial Systems
Intro to Earth and Geographical Systems
Methods in Geoscience
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Geoscience