B.S. in Nuclear Physics
M.S. in Physics
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
Ph.D. in Applied Physics, Rutgers University & NJIT
Courses teaching in WKU
MATH 2415 (Calculus I)
Physics Engineer, ARO car factory, Romania
Physicist, Non-Ferrous Metals Institute, Bucharest, Romania,
Researcher, Geodynamics Institute, Bucharest, Romania
System Engineer and Sysadmin, Geodynamics Institute
Bucharest University, Numerical Methods applied to differential equations (2 years)
NJIT: Teaching assistant (3 years), Physics
Yeshiva University, New York: Mathematics, Physics (Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Electrodynamics II, Analytic Mechanics) (2 years)
Essex County College: Mathematics, Physics (5 years)
Ramapo College: Physics (7 years)
Expert accountant, EU accredited.
Grant: Romanian Academy of Sciences.
Monte Carlo direct simulations.
Monte Carlo indirect simulations, used in solving PDEs.
History: occasionally, dr. Mateescu was asked to take over history classes or whole courses.
Word and number puzzles (Bog, Sudoku, etc.)
Selected Publications/scholarly and creative work
- Multi-pass Monte Carlo simulation method in nuclear transmutations – L. Mateescu, N.P. Kadambi., N. M. Ravindra. Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 2016.
- Systematic Actinide Reduction in Thermal Nuclear Reactors – L. Mateescu, N.P. Kadambi and N. Ravindra in Materials Science & Technology 2015, Columbus, OH, (2015)
- Weak and Repulsive Casimir Forces in Piston Geometries, – Martin Schaden, Liviu Mateescu, arXiv:0705.3435 [quant-ph], 2007
- Numerical vs. Semiclassical Evaluation of Casimir Forces in Piston Geometries, – Martin Schaden, Liviu Mateescu, 39th Annual Meeting of APS Division of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, State College, Pennsylvania, 2008
- Algorithm for interpolating data in m-dimensional spaces with polynomials of variable degree. Bulletin of Geodynamics Institute, Bucharest, December 1999.
- Optimization of transfer speed in mixed networks. Bulletin of Geodynamics Institute, Bucharest, June 1997.
- Mapping of Aerosols’ Elemental Distribution in Two Zones in Romania by PIXE Analysis; Amemiya, S., Masuda, T., Popa-Simil, L., Mateescu, L., Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Sep 1996
- Elemental Distribution in Two Zones in Romania by PIXE Analysis – Susumu Amemiya, Toshio Masuda, Liviu Popa-Simil, Liviu Mateescu, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms Vol 118, 2 September 1996
- Thin Layer Activation-Based Evaluation of Tribological Behavior of Light Ion-Implanted Metallic Samples – Racolta, PM; PopaSimil, L; Alexandreanu, B; Mateescu, L Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research, Section B-Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms; May 1997; v.127, p.949-953 Conference: 10th International Conference on Ion Beam Modification of Materials (IBMM-96); September 1-6, 1996; Albuquerque, NM
- Statistical Correlations between Earth Tides and Earthquakes in Romania, Greece, and Turkey. Revue Roumaine de Géophysique, II, 1994.